And this is Billy's cousin.That would be me.
Never married, no kids and I wear bespoke suits.
Billy is my cousin. Jimmy is my mother's youngest brother and is my uncle.
At the last family reunion, after I flew into Billings Montana and spent the weekend in Worland, Wyoming, they thought I was the weird one.
No one could understand why I enjoyed New York ("Have you ever eaten a bagel?"), they thought I dressed funny and my haircut was weird (in hindsight, I'm sure it was a euphemism for "gay!!")
The differences between us seem more obvious than the common ground.
But what we have in common is an appreciation of Johnny Cash, barbeque and dogs.
I think Billy's fearless and Billy thinks I'm funny and smart.
Oh and we both think our other cousins are crazy.
Its easy to focus on what makes us different.
But America shouldn't be about differences--its about what we have in common and coming together.
This is a feel good show on what America is all about--the family.
And by the way: I'm using myself as an example, not an audition.
Billy is my cousin. Jimmy is my mother's youngest brother and is my uncle.
At the last family reunion, after I flew into Billings Montana and spent the weekend in Worland, Wyoming, they thought I was the weird one.
No one could understand why I enjoyed New York ("Have you ever eaten a bagel?"), they thought I dressed funny and my haircut was weird (in hindsight, I'm sure it was a euphemism for "gay!!")
The differences between us seem more obvious than the common ground.
But what we have in common is an appreciation of Johnny Cash, barbeque and dogs.
I think Billy's fearless and Billy thinks I'm funny and smart.
Oh and we both think our other cousins are crazy.
Its easy to focus on what makes us different.
But America shouldn't be about differences--its about what we have in common and coming together.
This is a feel good show on what America is all about--the family.
And by the way: I'm using myself as an example, not an audition.
VARIATIONS:
Depending on the channel the show could be all one demographic: all teen cousins for MTV (private school vs home school), LIFETIME would suggest career vs family or city vs country.( NY Fashion Editor "She thinks I live this amazing social life in NYC, glamorous job. She thinks she's the Country Bumpkin: I think she has the better life- she lives on a 100 acres and raises horses")
The show could also be one interconnected series--A CRAZY QUILT OF COUSINS connecting every state. (Cousin A and B in episode 1, then introduce a cousin on their other side of the family in the next episode and the chain continues).
You could cross the country in 10 episodes.
No comments:
Post a Comment